ANNOUNCING – AICD South Australian Awards 2017
ANNOUNCING – AICD New Zealand Scholarship 2017
The AICD Victorian Committee are proud to announce that the New Zealand Scholarship Award will be held in association with the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School and the New Zealand School of Dance on the 23rd of July 2017 at the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School.
The award for first place is a scholarship for two weeks to study at the New Zealand School of Dance including return airfares, accommodation and a $500 Voucher courtesy of Bloch. The runner-up will receive $150 plus a $250 voucher courtesy of Bloch. The rules and regulations associated with this event are to be found here.
ANNOUNCING – AICD Victorian Classical Ballet Awards (13 and 14 years of age) 2017
The AICD Victorian Committee are proud to announce that the Classical Ballet Awards 2017 (13 & 14 year-olds) will be held on the 233rd of July 2017 at Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School on the 23rd of July in conjunction with the New Zealand Scholarship.
The awards for this event will be:
- First prize will be $250 plus a trophy;
- Second prize will be $100 plus a trophy; and
- Third prize will be $50 plus a medal.
The AICD International Ballet Awards for Students aged 15-21 years will be held at the Westminster School in Adelaide on the weekend of the 14th and 15th October 2017. The Premier Award will be $10,000 with Second and Third receiving awards of $3,000 and $2,000 respectively.
The closure date for entries is 5 September 2017.
AICD Houston Ballet Academy Scholarship 2017
The AICD Houston Ballet Scholarship for 2017 was held at the Hurstville Entertainment Center on the 18th of April 2017. We had a wonderful show of young dance talent in attendance on the day and the event.
Winners of the AICD Houston Ballet Academy Scholarship
- The Winner was Pearl Arrowsmith from Tanya Pearson Classical Coaching Academy. Pearl will receive a return airfare to Houston Texas USA and Free Tuition, Meals (Breakfast and Dinner) and Accommodation at the Houston Ballet Academy Summer Intensive plus a Bloch gift card.
- 2nd Place, Joshua Luke Green from Karen Ireland Dance Centre received $500 to go towards his future tuition plus a Bloch gift card.
- 3rd Place, Isaac Joseph Shaw from Tanya Pearson Classical Coaching Academy received an encouragement award plus a Bloch gift card.
AICD NSW Junior Ballet Awards for 2017
The AICD NSW Junior Ballet Awards for 2017 were held at the Hurstville Entertainment Center on the 18th of April 2017. With more than 25 entries this year there was a great deal of young dance talent on display.
Winners of the AICD NSW Junior Awards
- 1st Place Mia Christine Zanardo from Alegria received an award of $200 and plus a Bloch Gift Card.
- 2nd Place Laura Van Loon from Van Loon Dance Academy/Tanya Pearson Classical Coaching Academy received an award of $100 plus a Bloch Gift Card
- 3rd Place Cory Gavan from Beverly Rowels Ballet School received an award of $50 plus a Bloch Gift Card.
2016 Houston Ballet Academy Scholarship
The Houston Ballet Academy Scholarship was held on the 12th of April 2016 and we were privileged to have Shelly Power, the current Director of the Huston Ballet School as our adjudicator. More…
2015 Houston Ballet Academy Scholarship
The Houston Ballet Academy Scholarship was held on the 12th of April 2015 at the Hurstville Entertainment Center in Sydney. We were lucky to have Mr Mark Brinkley as the the Adjudicator. Mark is one of the longest serving members of the Australian Ballet Company and now sits on the National Committee of the AICD. More…
Victorian Teachers Seminar. On Sunday the 18th of January 2015, the first teachers seminar for Victoria was held. It provided teachers with a refresher before the term officially commenced. Thank you to examiner Lynette Mirims for taking teachers, many of whom are new to the Borovansky Syllabus, through their paces. Thank you also to Marilyn Jones OBE for her guidance and for answering questions from our teachers.
2014 AICD International Awards Over the weekend of the 11th and 12th of October 2014, the AICD International Awards were held in Adelaide. This was a wonderful event that was won by Harrison Lee from The MacDonald College in Sydney. More…